Ami Nicole aka ACRONYM is a wheelhouse of creativity, stemming from multiple disciplines after years of study and experiences. With the hybrid of both college education and hands on professional training, she is now known as a “Swiss Army Knife of Creativity” that can “handle any task thrown at her.”
At the age of 13, Amy Cooper aka Ami Nicole / ACRONYM began her Photography journey by learning Darkroom Photography, and then branched out to Digital Photography, Graphic and Web Design, and creating physical works of art on clothing, decals, and more.
Post grad, she began working as a Portrait Photographer under the name ACRONYM, and with an initial emphasis on Tattoo and Alternative Modeling. Ami Nicole has been published in multiple magazines including Inked Magazine, Dark Beauty Magazine, Skin and Ink Magazine, and Product Photography with clothing brands like InkAddict and Sullen Art Collective.
Simultaneously, ACRONYM expanded her footprint within Landscapes, specializing in Urban Exploring Photography (the art of Photography within accessible Abandoned Buildings). Combining both Portraiture and Urbex, ACRONYM pioneered a grunge-esque portraiture style that was unparalleled in her network. In 2017, she won Hour Detroit’s “Best of Detroit” Award for “Best Portrait Photographer” (she also won “Best Local Website” in the same year).
During the daytime hours, Ami Nicole began working for Beasley Media Group (formerly Greater Media), and used her success with her independent online zine to get her foot in the door, and became a Professional Music and Pop Culture Journalist for over 60 Radio Station websites across the U.S., as well as picking up bylines in High Times Magazine, The Oakland Press, The Macomb Daily, and her own outlet, ACRONYM.
Radio skyrocketed ACRONYM’s Concert Photography career, gaining her access to big league players like Rob Zombie, Halestorm, Five Finger Death Punch, Greta Van Fleet, Rise Against, A Day To Remember, and more. Fulfilling her Concert Photography dreams, she was able to layer this onto ACRONYM’s expanding infrastructure, harboring Photography, Design, Journalistic Writing, Social Media Strategy, and more.
Once she felt she’d reached the ceiling in Radio, Ami Nicole split off from her salary job in order to pursue ACRONYM full time. Fulfilling portraits, print sales, writing, and social media growth for brands, as well as Influencer Marketing and directing Music Videos.
ACRONYM’s directorial debut with Matt Warren’s “Get On Up” landed her first music video on MTV, BET, and VH1, and garnered over 100K views. The passion drove her to create more music videos with the label Wake Up! Music Group. She worked with the owner, Pepper Gomez, to create a Body-Positive music video with women of every size, which also landed a debut on MTV for AFTR’s “Humboldt Swagger.”
Since Music and Art have been a big part of ACRONYM’s drive and design, she began curating a larger scale arts and music festival named ‘Found in the Underground,’ which she ran bi-annually for about 3 years in Detroit, Michigan. The show boasts large crowds of over 300 attendees, 2 music stages, and over 50 artists, as well as performers, food vendors, and more.
Simultaneously, ACRONYM’s Influencer accolades drove Ami Nicole head first into the Cannabis world, especially during the Coronavirus 2020 Pandemic. Right out of the gate in 2016, she was offered to work with brands such as OozeLife.com, MagicalButter.com, Cannasmack.com, and expanded her reach into affiliate and influencer marketing for multiple brands on short-term and long-term capacities, both in and out of the Cannabis field. Some highlights include Citizen App, TikTok, High Times Magazine, and Patron Tequila.
ACRONYM ZINE, Ami Nicole’s journalistic project, has covered some of the most pivotal and important boots-on-the-ground information from Culture to Cannabis, Music and Concert Coverage, Mental Health, and more. ACRONYM finds a line between telling it exactly like it is and informing viewers and readers of information that isn’t necessarily shared by mainstream media in fear of losing their funding from corporate backing.
Ami Nicole has covered large-scale events such as Forbes Under 30 Summit, High Times Cannabis Cups in Clio and Detroit, as well as photographing A-List Artists like Snoop Dogg, Billie Eilish, Quavo of the Migos, The Chainsmokers, Normani, and many more.
In July of 2019, Ami Nicole was offered the opportunity to create 30 videos within 30 days for a new social media network called TikTok, and by the time the COVID-19 Pandemic occured, she had already expanded her network following by thousands and viewership by millions. The now-popular app is one of ACRONYM’s favorite social media outlets, and she is working toward verification as a TikTok personality, among her other achievements.
As 2020 reared its ugly head, Ami Nicole was called back to her roots as a Journalist, embodying a vigilante of the written word, with hyper-localized coverage of the Black Lives Matter protests and corrupt practices of law enforcement, as well as covering the uprising of Trump Supporters in Detroit, Michigan in their “Stop The Steal” movement when President Biden won the state. Utilizing her online network, she speaks up as an ally to BLM, is vocal about her LGBTQ+ values and support, as well as speaking out on Cannabis in forms of Alternative Health, Federal Legalization, and reminding others that many are still in prison for practices we partake in daily.
2021 already shows high hopes for ACRONYM. Some highlights include working closely with brands as an influencer in and out of the Cannabis Community, continuing her pathway as a Photographer as concerts begin to become a reality again, and some of her newest initiatives that are ACRONYM Originals.
One of those originals is an educational platform within the popular site OnlyFans to instruct on Content Building, Photo and Video Tutorials, Social Strategy, Cannabis-related education, and much more. ACRONYM also has kicked off of her Stream / Podcast called ‘Have You Listened To My Potcast?’ which will cover tons of topics within Pop Culture, Music, Politics, and of course, Cannabis with an array of guests (who may or may not choose to partake in Cannabis while recording).
While that’s only scraping the surface of what’s to come, it’s important to note that no matter what direction ACRONYM goes, she brings a new light and creative nature to whatever she touches, while continuing to rise in popularity and solidify her foundation as the years go by.
“At the end of the day, I always hope that I’ve left some sort of mark on the world. Whether that’s me showing someone that they can be an Entrepreneur while having Anxiety or Depression (leading by example as a Mental Health advocate), teaching others a topic or lesson that will help them in life, or simply being there to create joy or evoke emotion from my art and content that I produce. If I can make a better day or more informed life for someone with what I create, I am a success.” – ‘The Bluntness’ – ‘Friend of The Bluntness: Ami Nicole, The Force Behind ACRONYM’
“I love the culture of the Cannabis Community, and the support that they offer is unlike any other. A lot of us are willing to support each other, even if some of us haven’t met in person. The internet is truly a blessing in many ways, and it motivates me to stay in touch and create with recommendations in my reviews of products, inspiring others to find their path in Cannabis and education for those who want to know about the benefits of Cannabis but don’t know where to start their search.” – ‘The Bluntness’ – ‘Friend of The Bluntness: Ami Nicole, The Force Behind ACRONYM’
TOP PRESS CLIPPINGS
- Photographed over 65+ artists including Rob Zombie, Billie Eilish, Quavo, Halestorm, Run The Jewels, Bob Seger, The Chainsmokers, Normani, Gucci Mane, 21 Savage, 2Chainz, RZA, Wu-Tang Clan, Snoop Dogg, Greta Van Fleet, Badflower, St. Vincent, A Day To Remember, Rise Against, and more.
- ACRONYM’s photos have been featured on Artist Instagram accounts including Rob Zombie, Quavo of Migos, James Maslow, Good Charlotte, The Offspring, Our Lady Peace, Bayside, Wilson, and more.
- Photo and Written bylines from High Times Magazine and MerryJane.com, and over 60 Radio Station Sites under the Beasley Media Group umbrella. Other freelance bylines include Detroitisit, The Detroit Local, The Oakland Press, The Macomb Daily.
- Cannabis-based affiliate for Ooze, MagicalButter.com, CannaSmack, Thoughtcloud CBD, LEVO, Canlock, and more.
- Double-Threat winner of ‘Hour Detroit Best Of 2017’ for Best Local Website and Best Portrait Photographer (Under Amy Cooper / ACRONYM)
- 100K Views on YouTube for her directorial debut for Matt Warren’s “Get On Up” from WakeUp! Music Group, Featured on MTV, BET, and VH1.
- Art & Music Showcase Curator and Creator of ‘Found In The Underground’ which showcases bi-annually in Detroit, Michigan at The Tangent Gallery, which has a reach around 300 attendees per show, and over 50 artists, food vendors and more.
- Internationally published pieces of Photography, digital and print, from publications such as ‘High Times Magazine,’ MerryJane.com, Tattoo.com, ‘Skin and Ink Magazine,’ ‘Dark Beauty Magazine’ (Digital and Print), BDT’s Smoke Shop Calendar (Full Calendar), CannaSmack.com, WRIF.com, HipInDetroit.com, Detroitisit.com, ‘Sour Magazine,’ ‘Rocket Magazine,’ ‘MyAlternative Magazine,’ ‘XPRESSIONS Magazine,’ ‘Twisted Edge Magazine’ Calendar (February), and ‘Florist’s Review Magazine.’
- Invited as an influencer to attend The Cream Agency’s Recover Pool Party by Cardi B’s Publicist Patience Foster (@iam_kingpee).
- Covered for Publication & Photographed Forbes 30 Under 30 Summit 2019, Movement Electronic Music Festival (Multiple Years), MoPop Music Festival (Multiple Years), High Times Cannabis Cup in Detroit and Clio Michigan 2019, ‘Detroit’ Movie Premiere 2018, and RIFF FEST Presented by 101 WRIF 2017.
- Photographed multiple Tattoo Lifestyle Clothing Lines for brands including Sullen Clothing, InkAddict Apparel, and Fatal Clothing.
LINKS & STATISTICS (UPDATED 1/26/2021)
TikTok (19K Following, 5 Million Views)
Instagram (33K Following, Top Post Reach 37K)
Twitch (Under 1K, In Growth Phase)
Twitter (1.5K, In Growth Phase)
Facebook (14K Following)
YouTube (Under 1K, In Growth Phase)
PODCAST / RECORDED INTERVIEWS