It looks like every social system is going through changes, and we’re not digging them. This time, it’s Snapchat.
The gist is that the Friends, Discover, and Stories features have gone through layout renovations, which includes the removal of the Stories page, and it being integrated into the friend’s page.
What that means is, the content that comes from publishers, shows, and others that you subscribed to have been removed off the page.
The CEO of Snapchat Evan Spiegel is quoted in The Daily Mail saying “Your friends aren’t content, they’re relationships so that’s why today we’re separating the social from the media and reorganising Snapchat around your relationships to make it more personal.”
Chances are, they are leaning toward this because Facebook is also doing so.
But don’t worry – there is a way to get your old version back. According to The Daily Mail, here’s how:
1. Delete the app from your phone
2. Re-download it from the App store and open it
3. Tap Log-In
4. Tap “Forgot password”
5. Follow the steps to change your password
6. Log back in with your new password and the new updated will have reverted to the old version
IF THAT DOESN’T WORK:
Android uses Android Application Package (APK) files and the APK for a previous version of Snapchat is vital when uninstalling a new update and can be found with a simple web search.
An APK can also be extracted from if the user has a previous version of the app on another device or if the phone is rooted, the APK can be found from the data/app/folder.
1. After finding the APK file, uninstall the new Snapchat version from the device.
2. Copy the older APK file using Windows Explorer and then copy it to a new folder or the Download folder.
3. Download or buy an Android File Explorer app to find the APK file on the device. Tap on it and install it.
Android users can also download older versions of Snapchat from here.
Apple users may be able to revert to the older version of Snapchat via iTunes, but it is important not to update any apps in iTunes. The user will need an old copy of the app that is stored in the iTunes library.
1. Press the Snapchat icon for a few seconds and delete the app by pressing the ‘X’ that appears in the upper lefthand corner.
2. After the app icon disappears, press the home button to get out of delete mode.
3. Connect the phone to a computer.
4. Open iTunes and select your device but do not sync at this point.
5. Click on Applications and select Apps in the sidebar.
6. Search for Snapchat in the iTunes Apps list and select the option to install and then sync the device.
7. The old version, that is saved in iTunes, will be copied back to the phone.
And if THAT doesn’t work, maybe you should start using Instagram Stories, y’know, so you don’t have twenty apps to use.